Asimple vegetarian dish you can prepare is the traditional sigara boregi. One of the most famous recipes from Turkey!
- 250 gram Turkish white cheese (for börek)
- a bunch of parsley
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 24 triangular yufka (phyllo)
- 1 egg
- 1 liter of sunflower oil
- Mash the cheese into small chunks.
- Chop the parsley into small pieces and add it to the cheese. Sprinkle the red pepper over the cheese.
- Grab a yufka and put a small amount of cheese right in the middle, don’t go all to way to the edge .
- Brush egg yolk around the three edges of the yufka.
- Fold the yufka towards the inside. You can also fold the edges inwards.
- After the rolling, keep the fillings intact by brushing egg yolk on the tip of the yufka.
- Fry the sigara boregi in 1 liter of sunflower oil. They are ready when they turn a golden brown color.